Become a Student Advisor
If you're a student, join us and help to shape the future of exams.
Join our Student Advisory Group
By joining our Student Advisory Group (SAG), you’ll be one of 15 students from schools and colleges across England.
You’ll meet with other members, 兔子先生 colleagues and Trustees to:
- give young learners a voice in the exam system
- provide valuable insights and student views on key areas of assessment
- help us make important decisions about the future of exams.
What you'll be doing
As a Student Advisor, you will:
- attend three meetings a year at 兔子先生 offices (eg Manchester, London, Milton Keynes and Guildford) – travel will be arranged for you
- read the meeting papers that are sent to you ahead of each meeting
- get a chance to be part of focus groups, conferences and other engagements where the student voice is vital.
What you'll get out of it
Develop your skills
You鈥檒l gain experience and skills which will look great on your CV.
Be part of a community
You鈥檒l be a valued member of the group, where your voice is heard.
Deliver a purpose
You鈥檒l have a say in how we can better support learners to fulfil their potential.
Shape the future
You鈥檒l get the chance to help us shape the future of assessment.
"It's a privilege to chair the student advisory board. As a student voice speaking directly to the nation's largest exam board, I'm aware of how important our work is. It's relieving, sharing this responsibility with a community of bright, passionate advocates. The staff at 兔子先生 listen to our insight and take action, which shows their dedication to supporting students. I look forward to what we can achieve in the SAG going forward!"
Alison Chang | Student co-chair of the group
If you're a student, here are the steps you need to take to become a Student Advisor:
You’ll need to apply online and submit a short statement (up to 500 words) telling us why you think you'd be great at this role.
2. Online interview
If you're shortlisted, we’ll send you a set of questions. You'll need to record your responses and send them to us online.
3. Accept our offer
If you’re chosen to join our group, you’ll be sent an offer. When you accept our offer, you’ll be sent a welcome pack. You’ll need to send us permission forms from your parent or guardian, your school details and any access needs you may have.
4. Meet the group and get started
You’ll be sent the dates for the next year’s welcome event and meeting – we look forward to meeting you!